Happy New Year! This is Jennifer Samioglou, 2021 Volunteer Coordinator for Riding Into History on Saturday, April 24th . I am sure we are all glad 2020 is behind us. What a year! I really missed seeing everyone’s smiling faces at Riding Into History last year. It was such a weird year but one of the strangest things to me was no Riding Into History weekend filled with fun and motorcycles. The planning committee has been working for months already and we are in final preparations for 2021 but you all know the event would not happen without the help of our volunteers. If you have been to the event and would like to volunteer and be more active please follow the link below and let us know. We are always looking for new folks to help us out. You are supplied with a volunteer t-shirt and get to meet some great people. If you have been a volunteer with us in the past and have not heard from me then please follow the link below so I can get your contact information corrected. Please indicate on the form what job you are interested in and If you are able to do more than one position. This is not a complete list but here are some of the positions available:
- Bike Wrangler-Wranglers are on shift from 6am to 9am helping our entrants move their belongings and motorcycles to the area they are to be displayed in and assist in set up of event. This is our biggest area of need! You must be able to assist in pushing bikes to the assigned areas.
- Class Marshal-Class Marshals are on shift from 6am to 9am. They will direct Wranglers in the placement of bikes in each class. Please indicate if you have been a Class Marshal in the past.
- Post Event Wranglers/Clean-Up-Post Event Wranglers are on shift from 3pm to 5pm. They will assist entrants, sponsors and vendors in removing their items from the Concours. They will also assist with removing all items from the Concours by 5pm.
- Vendor/Sponsor Booth Check In-Booth check in will be on shift from 7am to 9:30 am. They will assist Vendor Chair in getting sponsors and vendors to the correct booth and possibly taking items on the Concours.
- Welcoming Committee-Welcoming committee will be staffed from 9:30 am to 2:30 am. Shifts will be split based on number of people signing up into two or more shifts. The Welcoming Committee will hand out maps and direct spectators as needed.
If you will be able to help in any of these areas please let me know along with any restrictions you may have. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Riding Into History would not happen without the contributions of volunteers. Our people are what set us apart from other events. If you would like to be a part of this please sign up today!
Assistant Chairman and Volunteer Chair
Riding Into History